If you feel like you are always being asked to update Chrome, You are not mistaken. Google releases new updates to its web browser all the time, usually to fix new vulnerabilities as they are discovered. With this latest update, you are already Getting Patches for 32 of these blemishesbut also a A handful of interesting and useful new features–All this makes Upgrading to Chrome 102 is a no-brainer.
While we see independent security patches released when necessary, Google tends to update Chrome like clockwork every four weeks. The latest version , Chrome 101which launched on April 26, making Minor changes to the user interface and extension Ability to add notes to entries in Chrome’s password manager. While 102 is not a feature-packed update, it definitely has more From version 101.
Keyboard shortcut for managing tabs
After updating to Chrome 102, you will be able to move your active tab using a keyboard shortcut, without having to drag the tab with your cursor. To rearrange the tab, hold Control + Shift + Page Up or Page Down. If your keyboard doesn’t have Page Up or Page Down keys, you’ll likely need to use Fn + Up or Down.
Open files through web applications
There are two new features of web applications with Chrome 102. The first is the ability of web applications to open files on your computer, if the developer has it programmed them to do so. For example, a web application might allow you to click on an item that then plays a file in your word processor.
Web applications should not be reloaded often
When using web applications, it is common for the entire application to be reloaded when switching between pages. Chrome 102 should limit this behavior, making it easier for web applications to move between pages without having to update.
Learn more about the new stores (in testing)
Google is testing a new Chrome feature in version 102: When you visit a store website for the first time, a pop-up will ask you if you want to learn more about the store — say, to From Google reviews for this store. To see if this feature is working on your end, activate its flag in chrome://flags/#page-info-about-this-site.
Control a presentation from a separate tab (demo)
This update is great for those of us frequent Presenting slide shows via video calls. Soon, everyone will have the option to control slides without actually opening the Slide Show tab. This will allow you to open the video call tab and see your audience, rather than keeping your full attention on the presentation that you likely know by heart. This feature is currently in beta mode, so if you want to try it out, check it out This is an interactive website to find out more.
Security patches for 32 vulnerabilities
The most important aspect of this update is that it corrects 32 vulnerabilities that existed in previous versions. who are theyOne of them is rated as ‘critical’, while eight are rated as ‘high’. While the rest are rated as ‘medium’ and ‘low’“And it doesn’t appear that hackers have exploited any of the flaws, it is important to protect your browser now that these vulnerabilities are public knowledge.
Here are nine critical and highly rated vulnerabilities that will be fixed With this update:
- critical CVE-2022-1853: Free to use in our indexed database. Written by Anonymous on 05-12-2022
- high CVE-2022-1854: Use it free in the corner. Reported by SeongHwan Park (SeHwa) on 04-27-2022
- high CVE-2022-1855: Use it free for messaging. Reported by Anonymous on 07-13-2121
- high CVE-2022-1856: Free to use in user education. Reported by Nan Wang (@ eternalsakura13) and Guang Gong of 360 Alpha Lab on 05-06-2022
- high CVE-2022-1857: Insufficient policy implementation in File System API. Narrated by Daniel Raya on 07-11-2021
- high CVE-2022-1858: Reading out of bounds at DevTools. Reported by EllisVlad on 04-07-2022
- high CVE-2022-1859: Use it for free in Performance Manager. Reported by Guannan Wang (@Keenan7310) of Tencent Security Xuanwu Lab on 05-05-2022
- high CVE-2022-1860: Free to use in UI Foundations. Reported by @ginggilBesel on 02-15-2022
- high CVE-2022-1861: Use it free to share. Narrated by Khalil Zani on 04-16-2022
For a complete list of Chrome 102 patches, check google Blog version on Chrome. These patches apply to all Chromium-based browsers, including Edge, Brave, and Opera, so Update any of these browsers if you are using them.
How to update Chrome to version 102
To update Chrome, click on the three dots in the top right, hover over Help, then choose About Google Chrome. Allow Chrome to check for a new update: If available, click Restart. When Chrome restarts, it should be running version 102.