Latest free youtube video:
This week’s wrestling newsletter: May 9, 2022 Observer Newsletter: WWE Q1 2022 Financials, Forbidden Door Presale Sold Out
- Match and performer of the week
- WWE Business, Profit & Revenue
- The number of WrestleMania editions and putting them in perspective
- Watching Elimination Chamber and the obvious, unmentioned reason for its occurrence
- Request a ticket for the Cardiff Show, Wales
- More on WWE’s deal with A&E
- Nick Khan has talked about several bidders for WWE rights deals including the following rights deal
- Stephanie McMahon talks about sponsoring WrestleMania
- More on WWE recruiting and question about adding performance centers
- Questions about setting up a stadium show in India
- What categories is working up and what categories are down
- AEW Forbidden Door Sale & Gate, Ticket Request, Card, Secondary Market Numbers
- Complete coverage of New Japan’s return to the former Fukuoka Dome and all angles, returns and directions of the company
- Working notes on presentation
- What matches should be changed as well as the endings
- Notes on Best of the Super Junior and Dominion Championships
- The story behind the changes to WrestleMania Backlash
- What is the direction of the planned stadium
- Ticket updates for all WWE PPVs believed in the summer
- Details of AEW’s new TV show
- AAA Triplemania coverage
- The story behind the main Triplemania event
- Triplemania’s Next Plans
- More notes on the latest WWE cuts
- Full coverage of Saturday’s UFC show
- A look at Stardom PPV shows and future direction
- Dragon Gate Dead of Alive coverage
- TV ratings including the category in which AEW outperformed both Smackdown and Raw in
- How did you do the different slides
- CMLL World Championship concludes
- New tournaments coming to CMLL
- Who do you care about Stardom from AEW
- King of the Gate Championship
- Who is Jumbo Tsuruta and his memorial show
- What was the highest rated pro wrestling match on TV in history
- Champion Carnival Cover
- NOAH Sumo Hall Coverage
- What American signed a new contract with NOAH
- Freddy Prinze wants to start a promotion
- PWG coverage
- Update on the new pro wrestling animation show
- AEW Warner / Media
- A look at what a double or zero offer is possible
- WWE vs AEW on Long Island this week
- AEW stars on a Sunday TV show
- Selling tickets for WWE and AEW for all upcoming major events
- Running numbers
- Dana White on boxers pay
- More on the accusations of Jorge Masvidal
- July 2 UFC plans go head to head with Money in the Bank
- UFC stars have long been in a battle to be won
- WWE Draft Plans
- Canadian TV numbers for AEW and WWE
- Coverage of the WWE European Tour
This week’s Retro Observer Newsletter: April 4, 2005 Observer Newsletter Release: WrestleMania 21 Preview, All Japan Women’s Shutdown
Order information: Order your Wrestling Observer print now and receive it by mail, by sending your name, address, Visa or MasterCard number and expiration date to email@example.com or by going to www.paypal.com to direct money to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Prices in the US are $14.50 for 4 versions, $35.50 for 12, $70 for 24, $116 for 40 and $149.50 for 52.
In Canada and Mexico, prices are $16 for 4, $27 for $8, $38.50 for $12, $76 for 24, $126 for $40, and $162.50 for $52.
For the rest of the world, prices are $18 for 4, $48.50 for 12, $93 for 24, $155 for 40, and $201.50 for $52.
If you order by mail by check, cash, or money order to PO Box 1228, Campbell, CA 95009-1228, you can receive a $1 discount in each price range.
Monday news update
- Brian and I will be back tonight talking about Raw and the latest wrestling news. You can send questions about tonight’s show to email@example.com
- The only thing announced for tonight is Theory vs.Cody Rhodes for the United States Championship. View from Hartford, Connecticut. There were 6,500 tickets for the show as of this morning.
- WrestleMania Backlash was the fourth most searched term on Google yesterday with 200,000 searches. This is the usual number for a PPV display “B”. Some thought with no title matches and six player tags so there would be less interest than usual. But it was a normal level of interest. We hope to have the PPV numbers in the release later this week.
- A rumor is actually legitimate that in last night’s Corbin/Moss video package WWE used group shots that were edited as they were done during an angle between the two but it was actually using a 2012 clip of Backlash from John Cena doing a rap song on The Rock.
- We’re looking for your thoughts on both WrestleMania Backlash and UFC 274 on Saturday, so leave a thumbs up, a thumbs up, or a thumbs up in the middle with your best and worst match at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Khamzat Shemayev claimed that Nate Diaz repeatedly refused to quarrel with him. It is well known that the UFC wanted to fight for 7/2. Diaz on Twitter this week joked that he would fight at 7/30, another PPV to compete head-to-head with the WWE PPV show, but he didn’t tease a former opponent that the fight would be at 170 pounds.
- Donald Cerrone, who missed Saturday’s UFC show due to food poisoning from a local restaurant, said he’s looking forward to fighting two more fights and then retiring.
- AEW loads Wednesday in the New York market. A competition with WWE will take place on Friday night at the Nassau Coliseum and AEW on Wednesday at the UBS Arena. For the dynamite, AEW has CM Punk against John Silver of Long Island, Ricky Starks against Jungle Boy for the FTW title, Tony Ness against Danhausen, Owen Hart in championship matches with Adam Cole against Dax Harwood, Darby Allen against Jeff Hardy and . Tony Storm vs. Jimmy Hayter, as well as MJF announcing terms and signing a contract for a match with Wardlow and an interview with Chris Jericho’s Appreciation Society. Announced Friday, Wednesday, Scorpio Sky vs Frankie Kazarian for the TNT Championship and Reho vs Robbie Soho for the Owen Hart Championship. Ticket numbers for both shows will be relatively close. AEW exceeded 7,000 tickets.
- A story about WrestleMania’s backlash to help local businesses near Providence’s Dunkin Donuts Center. (Thanks to Mike Cosmock)
- Sasha Banks has been announced as a guest during the upcoming season of Kevin Hart’s Cold as Balls online sports talk show. George Keitel, who has appeared on a lot of TV shows regarding his wrestling fan base and his favorite wrestler, Pentagon Jr., is also in the new season.
- TNT in Spain has struck a deal with AEW to broadcast all four Battle of the Belts shows this year. The first two will air at 6/17 pm at 10:05 pm and then re-broadcast at 6/19 at 11:30 am, and will also be broadcast on TNT Now in Spain and VOD.
- AEW Dark Elevation Tonight on YouTube
- Evil Uno & Alex Reynolds & 10 & Alan Angels vs.Ryan Nova & John Fuller & Brandon Scott & Raul Macho
- Emi Sakura vs Abaddon
- Sony Case vs Peter Avalon
- John Silver vs Tony Deppen
- Keith Lee and Swerve Strickland vs. QT Marshall and Nick Komoroto
- Herbert Burns vs. Hussein Askhapov, 23-0, is scheduled for a featherweight fight on 7/16.
- NJPW has rolled out another bout of the most popular junior heavyweight bout in recent years on its YouTube channel, Will Ospray’s match against Ricochet from 2016 for the Best of the Super Juniors tournament. This match caused a lot of controversy due to an acrobatic clip of the match.
- Amaya Mexican Grill in Monroe, Michigan hosts “An Evening with Darren McCarthy: A Different Kind of Comedy Show” with guest Reno. McCarty is a legendary former Detroit Red Wings star who has wrestled on independent region shows including Rhino’s Insane Wrestling Revolution (thanks to Paul Meade)
- PWP from Saturday Night Omaha: Moonshine Russell b Tim Boston, Branden Juarez b Jack Darling, Moonshine Russell & Jack Darling b Branden Juarez & Tim Boston-DQ, Duke Cornell b Purple, Angus Keyser b Joey Daniels, Angus Keyser b Ryan Romantic, Willie Sweet b Keaton Stonebrenner, Willie Sweet won the Battle Royale. The next show is 4/18 at the Waiting Room Lounge in Omaha which is the company’s 17th anniversary show.
- The Cage Fighting Fury Championship, the MMA promotion that CM Punk is still advertising, announced an MMA bid for 5/27 and a grappling event on 5/28 at 2300 Arena In PhIladel Souls. It has been confirmed that he will not be able to make dates due to AEW’s commitments. This is a double weekend or nothing. Santo Coratolo (6-2) vs Hugo Paiva (5-0) meet in the main event in the 5/27 flyweight temporary tile show. Former UFC star Ben Saunders faces Sean Brady in the main event of his wrestling show the next day. Other UFC stars who have appeared in wrestling matches are Clay Guida and Alex Caceres as well as Clay’s brother Jason Guida.
- Boca Raton Championship Wrestling appeared on 5/15 at the Boca Black Box with Steve Maclin (Steve Cutler in WWE), Cezar Bononi, Josh Woods, Noah Kekoa, Jessie Elaban, Bull James, Santana Garrett and Gangrel as well as Brutus Beefcake as commissioner. The show will be presented by Ryan Katz, the former creative director of NXT.
- RevPro from London yesterday: Rami Adetonji B David Francisco, Kid Likus & Kid Likus II B JJ Gill and Callum Newman, Shota Umino B Chuck Mambo, Ricky Knight Jr. B Lee Hunter Robbie XP Joshua James, Alex Windsor and Maya Matthews B Rhea O’Reilly and Nate Shedd , T.K. Cooper B. Utah Tsuji, Will Osprey, Kyle Fletcher and Mark Davis, B. Michael Oko, Conor Mills, and Luke Jacobs.