The hidden dangers of mold in the home

The hidden dangers of mold in the home

After an increase in the amount of rain we’ve seen recently, you could find mold growing in your home.

Excess rainfall on the east coast of Australia recently kept humidity levels high, encouraging mold to grow in homes which is not good for people’s health.

Since mold exposure is such a stressor on the body, it will take a lot more magnesium than usual to detox, defend and rebalance.”

Sandy Sanderson. CEO of Elektra Magnesium

BRISBANE, Queensland, Australia, May 16, 2022 /EINPresswire.com/ – There has been a significant amount of extra rain on the east coast of Australia this year due to a particularly strong La Nina event and although many reports have predicted it will ease soon, a report from Weatherzone says there is a 50-55% chance La Nina will continue into our winter.

The problem with this excessive rain is high humidity levels and mold often grows if the humidity level is above 60%. In the home, mold grows on plaster walls, carpets, hallways, drapes and clothing – and this can negatively affect people’s health after exposure.

The rain also increases moisture from the groundwater, which can cause mold to grow inside the walls. Sandy Sanderson, CEO of Elektra Magnesium, works with people trying to detoxify mold and says, “The cavities between your roof and your roof can also generate mold if there is a slow roof leak. Mold spores can be breathed in without you even noticing. The odor is Bad breath is one of the most common signs of mold.

When asked why mold is bad for people’s health, Ms Sanderson said it was because exposure to mold can lead to a decrease in the body’s ability to fight infection by causing a disorder in the number of white blood cells with insufficient cytokine production.

“This can lead to a weakening of the immune system in general, especially if there has been chronic exposure,” she says. “Some people – especially those who are immunosuppressed and those with compromised immune systems – are more sensitive to mold than others.”

Ms. Sanderson explains that mold exposure may cause symptoms such as: asthma, itchy eyes, nose and throat, headaches, anxiety, brain fog, lack of concentration, sleep disturbances, chronic fatigue or fibromyalgia, inflammation and excess mucus, sneezing, and respiratory distress. Disease, fungal infections of the toenails and other parts of the body, persistent skin disorders and rashes, and in the long term – cancer.

To avoid the health risks associated with mold, it is important to know how to clean and eliminate toxins from mold exposure. According to Ms. Sanderson, there is a lot you can do to avoid or reduce mold growth. First, it’s a good idea to get a hygrometer to check levels in your home, and if it approaches 60% or higher, Ms. Sanderson recommends getting a dehumidifier to help keep the humidity low. She also recommends getting an air purifier as this will clean up mold spores.

“If you think you have mold in your home, wear a mask and gloves and clean it with natural, non-toxic cleaners,” says Ms. Sanderson. White vinegar is a popular choice as a cleaner, as studies have shown that it kills more than 80% of mold spores.

“You can mix some essential oils that have antifungal properties like tea tree oil, neem oil, clove oil, or citric seed oil diluted in water,” she adds. “Baking soda or borax diluted in water is also helpful. You can find recipes like these online. Also, make sure you clean the air conditioner regularly.”

As for flushing mold spores and mycotoxins out of the body, Ms. Sanderson says this can take some time: “The more stress you’re exposed to, the less magnesium your reserves will have. Since mold exposure is so stressful on the body, more magnesium will be needed the more It is usual to detox, defend and rebalance.”

“You can get rid of some of these mycotoxins by eating activated charcoal or bentonite clay. Studies have shown that these two products are able to attract and stick to mold toxins, helping the body to get rid of them. The clay also donates beneficial trace minerals along the way.”

“Some essential oils like oregano, tea tree, melaleuca, and cloves or spices like cinnamon inhibit fungal growth. Raw garlic, apple cider vinegar and lemon juice do the same. Teas like pau d’arco, ginger, olive leaf, tulsi (holy basil), mint, lavender, rosemary and turmeric also help. on detoxification.

“Helping the body adjust the pH up from the acidic and alkaline zone will also help provide more oxygen and deliver energy with electricity. This gives a boost to the immune system. By adding a small amount of sodium bicarbonate (a small pinch per liter) to some magnesium drinking water, This will give her a raised pH,” Ms. Sanderson says.

According to Ms. Sanderson, magnesium is necessary for more than 300 essential biochemical reactions in the body, including strengthening the immune defense system.

“This is because it plays an essential role in the metabolism and production of our electrical energy currency – ATP (adenosine triphosphate) – by mitochondria,” she says. “Magnesium suppresses inflammation. It has been shown to reduce excitatory toxicity by protecting neural pathways in the brain and helping us recover from stress.”

“When combined with vitamin D, magnesium reduces the number of inflammatory proteins and increases anti-inflammatory proteins in the body. It also strengthens the virility of white blood cells and supports the immune system,” she says.

Ms. Sanderson says transdermal magnesium is a powerful way to increase magnesium levels in the body because it works faster than oral supplements and is more effective: “The most bioavailable form of magnesium that is easily absorbed by cells is magnesium chloride. People can soak in it or Enjoy an ultra-relaxing massage with Magnesium Cream or Charge Magnesium Lotion. These skincare products absorb well and keep your skin looking great and feeling luxurious.”

“If you’re under a lot of stress and can’t get enough magnesium from your diet, you may need about 1,000 mg per day,” she adds. “Eat magnesium-rich foods, such as leafy greens, nuts and seeds – and add magnesium chloride flakes to your drinking water and absorb it through your skin. There’s no risk of getting too much through the skin, so it’s a good idea to try several amounts until you find what makes you feel better. and strength.”

Sandy Sanderson (Elektra Life Pty Ltd)
Magnesium Electra
+61409307327
pamela@olcs.com.au
Visit us on social media:
Facebook
Twitter
else

Why is mold so hard to kill



2022-05-15 23:30:00

Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published.