Want to know how to block spam on Android? We have the answers you need.
Even if you have one Best Android PhonesIt is inevitable that you will eventually start receiving unwanted text messages. Not only is it annoying, but it can also be a serious security risk – lots of shady characters want you to click links or call numbers they send via scam text messages in the hopes that they can steal your money or personal information (or both).
But did you know that there is a little-known feature buried in the Google Messages app that can filter you and alert you to spam before it even reaches your inbox? That’s right, you can finally get rid of demonic scammers.
If you want to get rid of spam, here are the steps you can take to prevent it from getting on your phone. Read on to find out how to block spam on Android. We’ve also included some ways to block individual spam numbers, in case this method works best for you.
How to Block Spam on Android – Spam Filter
First things first – if you see a suspicious text, don’t respond to it. This could confirm to scammers that your number is legitimate and lead to more spam coming your way in the future.
Now that that’s been said, here’s how to prevent those spam messages from arriving in the first place with a spam filter.
Note: This feature only works with pre-installed Google Messages on Pixel devices. If you are using another device, such as Samsung, you will need to download a file Google Messages app (Opens in a new tab).
1. Open the Google Messages appand then Click on the three dots in the upper right corner.
2. next one, Click Spam Protection.
3. Turn on “Enable Spam Protection”.
How to block spam on Android
If you keep getting spam from a certain number, here’s how to prevent it from getting through. This method is also the best way to block spam on non-Google devices without downloading the Google Messages app and enabling the spam filter.
1. Open spam text And the Click on the three dots icon in the upper right corner.
2. Click on Block Number.
If you keep getting spam from a certain phone number, this method will prevent it from getting through. However, some scams are constantly creating new phone numbers to send spam messages from, so keep reading to find out what you can do to stop them.
How to Report Spam on Android
1. Open spam textand then Press and hold on the message to bring up the list. Be careful not to click any links in the messageBecause opening links from an unwanted text message puts your phone at great risk.
2. Click on “Copy” in the dropdown menu. This will copy the text message to your clipboard.
3. Go back to your inboxand then Open a new text message by Clicking the “+” button in the lower right corner. Paste the text you copied into the boxAnd the Set the addressee as “7726”. This number works with US service providers such as AT&T, Verizon Wireless, and T-Mobile.
4. finally, Click Submit. This will report the text as spam and help your network to block scam text messages in the future.
This is it! While it will not stop these scams completely, following these methods will help stop your inbox from filling up with spam messages 24/7.
If you need more help with your Android phone, we have more tutorials to walk you through the process step by step. paying off How to enable secure file on AndroidAnd the How to disable location tracking on Android. We can also show you How to speed up an Android phone If it is running very slowly. If you are looking to replicate your iPhone anti-spam skills, be sure to check out our guide on how to stop spam on iPhone.